Brains, beans, brakes.

Hey Y'all! 

 So, earlier today I came across this quote:

"Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out" (G. K. Chesterton)
 
My first reaction was to bust out laughing at the mind-picture. But then I actually thought about it. It is TRUE! That's exactly what might happen. People often get so "enlightened" and "open minded" and "tolerant" that eventually, they have nothing concrete to stand for; and go running around to the next big fad or belief system. As time passes all these people can stand for IS open-mindedness. Which in and of itself, I believe, is dumb. Agreed, we shouldn't just slam people for no good reason, or negate anyones beliefs just because they don't line up with ours... but we shouldn't just take on any doctrine, belief, or rule simply because we want to be open minded! 
A verse comes to mind, "Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ our Lord". This means EVERY thought. Whether it comes from a trusted friend, or from someone you know is out to get you. (so to speak anyway).

Waffling around believing this thing, or that thing just isn't good for us. I'm preaching to myself just as much as to you, of course. I struggle with wanting to conform, to belong, and to be accepted into whatever group I happen to find. So, find the basics. Your doctrine, your belief system. What you rock solid, no doubt in your mind, KNOW to be true; and go from there! 


On to the beans part of my title... the other day I was marveling at the fact that I was, for a lack of anything else in the house, eating a can of black beans for dinner. Not the healthiest, but whatever. It could've been worse. Those of you who know me also know that I pretty rarely have anything worth eating in the house. I was thinking how lovely it was to just, you know... open beans and eat them. No cooking, no cleaning of dishes... I could just do my developmental psych reading, and eat beans. 
It was pretty awesome! ;)


As for brakes- I have a praise report!! I slid out into oncoming traffic in an intersection today, in the rain and fog, and nearly hit several cars. (I neglected to tell my parents this, but will later... hopefully they won't read it here first. LOL) Blessing is...I'm ALIVE, obviously! The other thing is, I went to firestone to get the brakes looked at- and it was a whopping $802 to have them fixed and a few measly metal parts replaced. I had a HERD OF COWS! That is ALOT OF MONEY. (Like, almost 2 weeks worth of work for me). 
Then I called another mechanic a friend gave me the number for..... turns out he and his wife are homeschool graduates, Christians, and know a bunch of people I do! Bottom line is, he fixed it for $129. Big difference, aye!? What a blessing.
Yah provides, my friends!! 


Anyway, that's my news for now. 

Blessings, love and light your way!
~Kate

Comments

  1. Its always neat to see how God provides for our needs!!
    And I laughed at the can of beans! I think I would hav gone without! But then again, I'm not a big bean fan! LOL!!

    -YKW ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts